Increasing demand due to COVID-19 pandemic, technological advancements in the field of PPE market, favorable regulatory scenario, and growing importance of safety and security in healthcare are key factors contributing to high CAGR in the forecast period.
According to Reports and Data, the global healthcare personal protective equipment (PPE) market was valued at USD 5,018.3 million in 2019 and is expected to reach USD 8,024.4 million by the year 2027, at a CAGR of 4.5%. Healthcare personal protective equipment is witnessing a surge in demand in the midst of COVID-19 pandemic for the safety of healthcare workers across the globe. Gloves, face protection masks or face shield, goggles and mask, gloves, gown or coverall, head cover, and PPE boots are among some of the personal protective equipment with soaring global demand. The key factor which is expected to drive the market for the personal protective equipment includes stringent regulatory framework, increasing awareness about the importance of healthcare safety, increasing focus on safety preparedness at healthcare facilities, and accelerating rate of cases of COVID-19 infection.
Key players of the market mentioned in the report are 3M Co., MSA Safety Inc., Ansell Limited, Honeywell International Inc., E I DuPont de Nemours and Co., Kimberly-Clark Corporation, Lakeland Industries, Inc., Alpha Pro Tech, Ltd., Sioen Industries NV, and Radians, Inc.
Get a sample @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/sample-enquiry-form/2901
The report provides comprehensive assessment of competitive landscape and covers profiling of the key players along with their product portfolios and business strategies. It highlights recent mergers and acquisition, joint ventures, collaborations, partnerships, and product launches and brand promotions among others. The research report is an investigative study providing a conclusive view of the Healthcare Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) business sphere by an in-depth segmentation of the market into key applications, types, and regions.
Healthcare Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Market Segmentation based on Types:
Product Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2017–2027)
- Head, Eye Face Protection
- Hearing Protection
- Protective Clothing
- Heat flame protection
- Chemical defending
- Clean room clothing
- Mechanical protective clothing
- Limited general use
- Respiratory Protection
- Air-purifying respirator
- Supplied air respirators
- Protective Footwear
- Fall Protection
- Personal systems
- Engineered systems
- Hand Protection
- Disposable gloves
- General purpose
- Chemical handling
- Sterile gloves
- Natural rubber
- Nitrile gloves
- Vinyl gloves
- Durable gloves
- Mechanical gloves
- Chemical handling
- Thermal/flame retardant
End Use (Revenue, USD Million; 2017–2027)
- Hospitals and Cinics
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- Academic and Research Institutes
- Diagnostic Laboratories
Request a Order on the report @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/report-pricing/2901
Further key findings from the report suggest
- During 2020-Mid 2021, a short run spike is expected in the demand of PPE across the globe, where the market for healthcare applications is expected to grow at a rate of 17.2%.
- Amidst the outbreak of COVID-19, World Health Organization is working with governments, industry, and the Pandemic Supply Chain Network to boost production and secure allocations for critically affected and at-risk countries. According to the World Health Organization (WHO) modeling, an estimated 89 million medical masks per month are required in COVID-19 response. For examination gloves, the figure is up to 76 million, while global demand for goggles stands at 1.6 million per month.
- Regulatory bodies are introducing relaxed norms to facilitate import of personal protective equipment. For instance, in March 2020, the FDA started various measures to increase U.S. supplies of personal protective equipment in response to COVID-19. The measures include adjustments in import screening, flexibility to manufacturers, and creation of special mailbox service, among other provisions.
- As of 2019, Head, Eye Face Protection product segment is expected to dominate the global healthcare personal protective equipment and is expected to rise at a CAGR of 4.0% during 2020-2027. High risk of COVID-19 and other infections through nose, eyes and ears is among primary reason driving the growth for this segment.
- The surge in demand of PPE for healthcare applications is attracting the investors towards PPE industry. For instance in March 2020, 3M announced increase in their investments, mostly in the U.S., to boost N95 masks production by 30% over the next 12 months. The Maplewood, Minn.–based manufacturing conglomerate makes 1.1 billion N95 respirator masks annually, 400 million of them in the U.S.
- Hospitals and clinics is expected to remain the largest end-use segment of healthcare PPE, during 2020-2027. The segment held more than 50% of market share as of 2019.
- Asia-Pacific region is expected to register highest CAGR of 4.5% during 2020-2027. Emerging market players in the region, technological advancements, rising focus of government towards healthcare facilities, and high target population in the region are among the key factors driving the market growth in the region.
- Established global companies as well as emerging players are focused on increasing their manufacturing capacity as well as geographic footprint, to enhance the sales customer base. In March 2020, Honeywell expanded its operations at its Smithfield, R.I. eye protection products plant, to enhance manufacturing capacity of N95 masks. Also, the company increased the employee strength to support the efforts of delivering masks to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services for national stockpile.
Key Regions Covered in the Report:
- North America (U.S., Canada, Mexico)
- Europe (U.K., Italy, Germany, France, Rest of Europe)
- Asia-Pacific (India, Japan, China, South Korea, Australia, Rest of APAC)
- Latin America (Chile, Brazil, Argentina, Rest of Latin America)
- Middle East Africa (Saudi Arabia, U.A.E., South Africa, Rest of MEA)
Request a customization of the report @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/request-customization-form/2901
Thank you for reading our report. Please connect with us to know more about the report and its customization feature. Our team will ensure your queries are solved and the report is customized to meet your requirements.
About Reports and Data
Reports and Data is a market research and consulting company that provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. Our solutions purely focus on your purpose to locate, target and analyze consumer behavior shifts across demographics, across industries and help client’s make a smarter business decision. We offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a multiple industries including Healthcare, Technology, Chemicals, Power and Energy. We consistently update our research offerings to ensure our clients are aware about the latest trends existent in the market. Reports and Data has a strong base of experienced analysts from varied areas of expertise.
Head of Business Development
Reports and Data | Web: www.reportsanddata.com
Direct Line: +1-212-710-1370